What We Do
Mediabarn is a specialized user experience (UX) research and design consultancy based in Arlington, VA. Since 2004, we’ve provided UX and market research, coupled with the research-informed design of digital products to commercial and nonprofit clients. With our more recent focus of providing UX expertise and capabilities to the federal government, our company mission remains the same: deliver superior user experience.
UX Expertise In:
Our human centered design (HCD) approach seamlessly integrates with Agile development cycles by providing iterative designs that are informed by user research and testing.
Types of Engagements
- Bringing Specialized UX to Agency ProgramsBy engaging with us on a project-by-project basis, you can bring UX research and design to improve the user experience of current programs. We commonly subcontract with large consulting and tech firms, as well as internal federal teams.
- Providing UX Centers of Excellence (COE)By establishing a User Experience COE, government agencies can positively impact their digital experiences by placing users and their journeys at the center of the product design strategy, while also saving money, time and effort with a more efficient and innovative UX approach.
There are many benefits of having a centralized team help drive UX strategy, governance, and execution, with the end user as the main focus for how designs are implemented. Contact us to learn more.
Make an Immediate Impact
Contact us to see how you can conduct an initial round of research for under the credit card threshold.
How to engage with Mediabarn
- GSA Contract holder on the PSS
- 8aJV Partnerships
- We also partner with several major federal consulting and technology firms.
Some of our current and previous government clients include:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Dept. of Health and Human Services (HHS)
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Small Business Administration (SBA)
- U.S. Army (DoD)
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
- Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC/FCC)
Industry Community Involvement
To learn more, please send us an inquiry.